Company Overview: Our client is a one stop source for corporate events and marketing programs. For over 28 years, they have established themselves as a valuable resource to fortune 500 companies with both national and global footprints. They provide seamless in-house event solutions including marketing communications, creative services, event management, production and registration.
The Director of Business Development will impact marketing strategies and business development. He/she will be responsible for development of new corporate accounts along with cultivating existing client relationships with a goal to increase and enhance existing sales revenue. Position will work closely with company President and management team. Preference will be given to candidates that are living or prepared to relocate to the Northern California area. Position provides a competitive salary and bonus program commensurate with experience.
Essential functions and Responsibilities:
- Research data and create strategic plans that will create opportunities to increase company’s customer base that will result in increased revenues for our company
- Create and execute budget plan
- Establish sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota
- Meet/exceed projected sales quota through self directed sales efforts
- Travel for programs as required
- 8+ experience in the sales and business development in the event planning industry within ahospitality related industry
- Combined experience in event planning, registration and production highly desirable
- Proven track record of increasing sales through strategic marketing efforts
- Success at developing and executing sales effectiveness leveraging technology
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office and Excel
- Self Starter with ability to work independently in a fast past environment
- Must possess a “hunter and gatherer” sales mentality
4 year college degree
**Contact Mary Weinman, President, Weinman & Associates Executive Search to share your background and learn more about our search.
Office 480 483-2132
cell 602 540-0553.