Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
Job Description and Requirements: Create the desired conference and meet clients' needs through active communication, planning, and team leadership.
* An understanding of both monthly forecasting and the annual budget process.
* Understand the importance of raising the meeting planner evaluation scores and implement effective methods to ensure exceeding meeting planner satisfaction.
* Optimize room rental charges.
* Consistently participate in the re-booking of repeat business by having a track record of long term client relationships.
* Actively participate in industry related organizations (NACE, MPI).
* Thorough knowledge of sales techniques including strong closing skills as well as negotiating skills.
* Comfortable with hotel site inspections and client presentations.
* Excellent creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus, and functions for groups. Ability to generate creative and innovative menus while working closely with Chef on pricing specialty menus.
* Work closely with banquet department on operations and event execution, ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
* Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations. Detailed execution of all banquet event orders generated by the Convention Services Department.
* Experience providing Audio/Visual equipment and operating Audio/Visual as a profit center.
* Excellent knowledge of computers, specifically Delphi, Word and Excel.
* Monitor group room blocks and pick up, generate detailed resumes for the operating departments.
* Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all events/groups.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
* Prior experience in the field of hospitality with specific experience in catering sales is essential.
* Minimum of 1year within the Hospitality Industry required.
* Must have experience at a similar size and quality hotel.
* High School Diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi.
* Knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, training, and motivation of peers.
* Knowledge of hotel features, benefits, and competing hotels within the market.
* Ability to execute appropriate action plans.
* Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
* Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
* Command of the English language both written and verbal.
Job Location: Tucson, AZ
How To Apply: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/isilogin.guid?GUID=&METHOD=GET&REALMOID=06-5f6b178c-b011-1022-a4bf-8500b9840000&SMAGENTNAME=-SM-BHacJqh%2BH3Frwvh7PHr4Kl3l8lokKvPKkIxR0Dcc%2FqKGo6Czfp5LI0TksG1mrkeK&SMAUTHREASON=0&TYPE=33554433&__tx_annotation=false&c=1098041&d=ExternalCareerSite&isa=Recruiter&r=5000267388306#/