Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain relationships is an active member in the community with industry partners such as the hotel industry, event centers, destination management companies, and the convention and visitors bureaus
- Maintains and conducts industry research to be able to project future business volume and trends
- Hires, mentors and trains sales & event planning managers insuring that the team is competent in all sales aspects
- Generates sales manager’s annual goals and monitors progress. Implements corrective action and reward programs as appropriate
- Ensures the accurate production of monthly closing reports, monthly owner’s reports, booking pace report and forecasting reports
- Maintains market segments and maintains an annual goal
- Oversees weekly sales meetings and delegates to sales manager as appropriate
Qualifications, Education, and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or 5+years’ experience as a Sales Management role in a hotel, or similar environment
- The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- The ability to solve practical problems when only limited standardization exists.
- Must possess strong negotiation skills and strong customer relations skills.
- Strong computer skills: Full knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Outlook, Excel and Word. Event Planning Program knowledge, specifically Delphi, is required. Knowledge of room diagramming/layout program, specifically Meeting Matrix, preferred.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this team member. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Depending on employment status and location, Columbia Hospitality team members may be eligible for a generous benefit package, which may include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- PTO Plan
Job Location: Snoqualmie, WA
Company Website: https://www.columbiahospitality.com/careers.php
Company Info: Columbia Hospitality has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work in Washington State by the Puget Sound Business Journal, Seattle Business, and NWJobs.com. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and only select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these important values: Enthusiasm. Respect. Creativity. Honesty. Sincerity. Accountability.