International Council of Ophthalmology
Job Summary: The Meetings Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the development of the World Ophthalmology Congress (WOC) to include logistics, marketing, and the scientific program as led by the Director of Meetings. Additionally, the person will be responsible for the maintenance and organization of related files, develop and implement methods for the ongoing upkeep of data, and assist the Meetings Team by providing broad administrative support.
Reports to: Director of Meetings
Position Type/Status: Full time/non-exempt, work from home
1. Scientific Program Support
• Work with the Scientific Program Manager to coordinate and execute the Invited and Submitted programs involving heavy email correspondence and data management.
• Handle day-to-day correspondence with Scientific Program Chair, convener, the volunteer program committee members and scientific program participants and deploy mass mailings according to timeline set by the Manager.
• Assist with the management of the abstract submission and review process and provide the associated customer support.
• Compile reports for committees, meeting marketing materials, and logistics management.
• Maintain and update various databases including program participant records, making suggestions for improvements, and researching methods to streamline processes and increase productivity.
• Communicate with the abstracts software and mobile app vendors regarding any modifications needed to accommodate the needs of the scientific program; test and identify items that require troubleshooting.
• Assist with updating the Standard Operating Procedures, WOC Scientific Program Guide, Call for Abstracts Guide and other critical documents, and make revisions as needed.
• Assist with the WOC application process for Continuing Medical Education (CME) accreditation.
• Update and ensure accuracy of scientific program committee rosters.
• Assist the Manager with organizing scientific program related meetings and send/track invitations to meeting participants.
2. Meeting Logistics & Marketing
• Assist with the logistical details of the WOC to include room set-ups, research on possible vendors, shipping, coordinate badges, reports, certificates, invoices, signage, etc.
• Assist with the coordination of ICO meetings taking place at other ophthalmology congresses.
• Review the stock level of meeting supplies (WOC printed materials, giveaways)
and coordinate with other staff to replenish when applicable.
• Assist with hotel and airline reservations.
• Assist with destination fact sheets for staff.
• Assist with marketing efforts to ophthalmic societies and update WOC flyers or postcards for distribution.
• Coordinate booth schedule for staff.
3. Administrative Support
• Organize and update all meetings files and documents.
• Work with the Meetings Director to prepare and distribute meeting agendas.
• Record meeting notes/minutes when assigned, distribute to the appropriate parties, and upload to database after each meeting.
• Assist with preparation of PowerPoint presentations.
• Manages general meetings email inbox, responding to all requests.
• Assist meetings department as needed.
Minimum Education: College graduate
Minimum Experience: 2 years of meeting logistics, abstracts and/or speaker management strongly desired preferably with a non-profit or scientific society organization
• Proficient in use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and G Suite. Familiarity with using a website CMS, Salesforce, SurveyMonkey and other meeting planning software programs preferred.
• Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
• Excellent interpersonal written and oral communication ability.
• Excellent proofreading skills.
• Ability to multi-task, work on tight deadlines, and prioritize duties.
Job Location: San Francisco, CA - work from home opportunity but you must attend meetings in San Francisco 2x a month (and possibly other meetings as well).
How To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to Gwynn Breckenridge - GBreckenridge@icoph.org. No phone calls.
Company Website: http://www.icoph.org