Galactic Performance Solutions
The Meetings & Incentives Operations Manager/Team Lead is the primary client contact, operations manager on assigned programs and team leader to the internal team managing their specific accounts. This position manages full-service meetings, events and group incentive travel, both domestically and internationally.
This individual will also lead and provide guidance towards ensuring timely execution of essential functions of the Travel Coordintors including evaluating and improving processes and procedures. They will oversee project development, including website registration, program logistics, and all communication with travelers. They are also responsible for monitoring customer service, clarification of travel requirements, and will manage the processes that determine the success of all program operations.
The Candidate must be a team player, with a positive attitude and the ability to deliver excellent customer service. The Account Manager / Team Lead must understand the mission of GPS and as a representative of the organization, must reflect GPS’ high standards and organizational values at all times.
- Developing, prioritizing and implementing tactical project plans, including client promotion programs, destination management and travel meetings.
- Communicating program details to team and Account Executive
- Collaborating with graphic designers to create themed art for websites, print and electronic collateral and promotional items
- Collaborating with systems web developers to customize registration websites and electronic communication
- Collaborating with in-house Air Team to coordinate all attendees’ travel needs
- Recommending creative solutions and developing best practices
- Negotiating contracts and maintaining relationships with preferred vendors.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and suppliers
- Operating programs at or below established budget
- Generating client billing
- Performing program closeouts
- Responsible for managing the Travel Coordinators including, but not limited to, providing guidance and direction
- Participate in formulating and administering company policies and developing long-range goals and objectives
- Maintain communication and consistency throughout the Travel Coordinators and be the liaison between them and the Vice President of Travel
- Prepare and conduct monthly Travel Coordinator meetings and completing assignments from these meetings
- Implement new Travel Coordinator policies and ensure compliance on the current policies to provide consistency. Provide or arrange additional training when needed
- Maintain employee performance records and perform Annual Performance review evaluations according to company guidelines and policies.
- Handles or assists with customer service issues internally and externally
- Assist Vice President of Travel and Director of Air Operations with special projects
- Update and maintain existing forms used by Travel Coordinators to ensure consistency and eliminate duplication to streamline workload
- Maintain program timeline and task list to ensure consistency across the board between Account Managers and Travel Coordinators
- This position is required to attend monthly staff meetings
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
- Volunteer assistance to Travel Coordinators when needed
- Assumes additional responsibilities in the absence of the Vice President of Travel Operations
- Position does not have financial decision power that affects department operational budget; however, position will participate, as needed, in budget discussions for the department as it relates to continued education, and team member recognition or reward events
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communicates fluently and effectively in English both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, and work both independently and in a team environment
- Accurately proofs communication materials before delivering
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to manage and adhere to strict program budget
- Ability to prioritize and delegate in high stress situations while staying organized
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Extensive customer service experience
- Flexibility with schedule to assist staff as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Word Excel; basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, a Meetings Management System, and Internet
- Proficient in basic financial math (i.e., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, margin, markup, etc.)
- Should be certified or qualify in First Aid and CPR Training and Notary Public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with Senior Management and Teammembers
- Present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form
- Ability to accept constructive criticism from supervisor; ability to follow company policies
Education and Work Experience:
- Four-year degree in hospitality, marketing, communications, or related field; CMP designation a plus
- 5-7 years of relevant meeting management experience, including planning incentive programs both domestically and internationally combined with strong knowledge of incentive markets
- Onsite event coordination and vendor management experience, including third party vendors
- Experience working with hotels, DMC’s, transportation companies and talent agencies
- Creativity in program design and communications
- Manage internal and external budgets and expenses
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regular attendance is necessary to successfully perform this job; extended hours may be necessary from time to time.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The stress level can be high, usually deadline driven.
Moderate travel is required.
Job Location: Arlington, Texas 76011
How To Apply: Email resume to email@example.com
Company Website: http://galacticps.com
Company Info: Galactic Performance Solutions is a full-service incentive and performance improvement company. By using reward, recognition, motivation and engagement as the structural framework for our customized incentive solutions, we can influence individual and collective behaviors which drive business results for our clients.