Company Name: Dallas Marriott Suites
Job Description and Requirements: Position: Sales Manager
Reports To: Director of Sales/General Manager
Purpose of the Position: To increase profits by increasing room sales and generating business through aggressive sales efforts.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Know all emergency procedures (fire, severe, weather, bomb threats, guest accident/illness, etc.)
2. Be knowledgeable of all product lines of the hotel including catering, rooms, packages (if applicable), lounge and restaurant promotion.
3. Conduct a successful, aggressive solicitation process involving outside sales calls, inside appointments, telephone calls, individual letters and direct mail. As a pro-active sales manager, 80% (eighty) of time is to be spent in active sales solicitation. Responsible for maintaining a sales quota as assigned by DOS.
4. Assist the Director of Sales in the preparation of the annual marketing plan, including the action plans covering assigned market segments.
5. Understand the wants and needs of the market segments assigned.
6. Document the wants and needs of customers in the sales files.
7. Maintain a documented record of all solicitation action steps in the sales file.
8. Maintain accurate and current mailing lists for all accounts in individual areas of responsibility.
9. Trace each file for the most effective date for follow-up.
10. Send proposals on all leads which fit the profile of property; actively follow through to convert from proposal to definite status.
11. Send proposals and confirmations to clients immediately upon holding space.
12. Clearly outline client’s room block requirements, suite requirements and meeting and banquet space requirements on booking sheets so that the accurate facilities may be reserved.
13. Obtain, document and route all necessary information on definite groups, including billing information, credit application, rooming list and VIP arrangements. Details on meeting arrangements, menus, audio-visual arrangements, etc., should be documented and passed on to catering manager for follow-up.
14. Maintain total and complete sensitivity to customer satisfaction and guests’ needs.
15. Assist the Director of Sales on special projects as assigned.
Sales Manager Job Description
16. Maintain professional attitude and appearance in dealing with all other departments in the hotel.
17. Prepare weekly and monthly reports, as well as other duties required by the Director of Sales.
18. Follow-up on meetings being held at competitive hotels and try to secure the account for own property.
19. Responsible for preparing and providing the DOS with weekly sales call reports and weekly itineraries of planned sales calls to potential customers.
20. Maintain a weekly sales quota of outside calls, all telemarketing calls and site inspections as assigned by Regional Director of Sales and Marketing.
1. Assist kitchen personnel by plating up food for functions, if applicable.
2. Assist Banquet Department by setting rooms up according to requirements, if applicable.
Job Knowledge, Skills and other Responsibilities:
1. Able to communicate accurately and effectively in verbal and written form with guests and associates so as to respond accurately and completely to people to give directions, instructions, information, answer questions and provide service as required.
2. Talk and listen to clients demonstrating excellent sales skills by knowing and selling product in a professional and courteous manner.
3. Accurately prepare plans for functions by writing clear requests for each affected department.
4. Have a basic knowledge of local and national trends regarding business.
5. Travel to local and national areas to attend seminars/functions, some of which may involve being away from home for several days at a time.
6. Lift approximately ten (10) pounds.
7. Use basic math skills to prepare budget and compute rate and profit information.
8. Sit, stand or walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for prolonged periods.
Job Location: Dallas,TX
How To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Website: http://marriott.com/dalmt
Company Info: Remington Hotels is one of the largest, privately held hotel management companies in the United States. As a world-class leader operating over 90 + hotels (Marriott, Hilton and Starwood) and over 17,000 hotel rooms in 27 states, our Guiding Principles, key hotel Drivers and our Associates contribute to Remington having been consistently recognized among many of the world's best lodging brands for our operational expertise and guest service results.
If you are a performance-oriented sales professional looking for an opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven company, committed to growth and a strong "promote from within" philosophy, we invite you to apply with us!