Galactic Performance Solutions
Job Description and Requirements: This individual works in a team environment that oversees project development, including website registration, program logistics, and all communication with travelers. They are also responsible for customer service, clarification of travel requirements, and is an integral part of the process that determines the success of program operation.
The position balances administrative and operational tasks and therefore requires a tremendous attention to detail, multitasking under pressure in a fast paced environment, yet also an ability to see the larger picture. Candidate must be a team player, with a positive attitude and the ability to deliver excellent customer service. The Travel Coordinator must understand the mission of GPS and as a representative of the organization, must reflect GPS’ high standards and organizational values at all times.
• Coordinates travel for attendees to/from domestic and international destinations, including hotel accommodations and ground transportation
• Interfaces with service providers: travel agents, hotels, Destination Management Companies (DMC’s), drivers, visa issuance, etc.; serves as general resource for all traveler inquiries such as passport, visa and inoculation requirements, customs regulations and currency exchange rates.
• Manages communication with service providers in USA and abroad
• Responsible for travel associated invoices and payments
• Provides exemplary customer service
• Communicates with relevant staff members regarding status of travel arrangements
• Researches program destinations to obtain knowledge to communicate successfully to travelers
• Develops, prepares and mails-out communication materials including but not limited to: registration packets, trip itinerary packets, confirmation letters, and post trip post cards
• Accurately manages registration data into Meetings Management System
• Updates, reconciles and analyzes data; and prepares summaries and reports
• Responsible for handling special requests such as pre and post ground extensions, (hotel, transfers, activities, etc.) dietary and medical needs, and VIP arrangements
• Researches problems, takes initiative in suggesting solutions to resolve issues related to program.
• Prepares travel staff materials to be used for the program. Materials include but not limited to; Trip Director Book, airport packages, signage, program bag, etc.
• Facilitates telephone call briefings and participates in calling each participant on assigned travel programs
• Assumes additional responsibilities in absence of the Travel Account Manager, maintains a complete understanding of program operations, maintains logistical control of programs, and takes initiative to identify and resolve issues
• Assists other Travel Coordinators during times of need
• Performs other related duties and assignments as required
• Assist Travel Account Manager with special projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Communicates fluently and effectively in English both oral and written
• Excellent interpersonal skills with outstanding attention to detail
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, and work both independently and in a team environment
• Accurately proofs communication materials before delivering
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization with tact and diplomacy
• Ability to manage and adhere to strict program budget
• Ability to prioritize and delegate in high stress situations while staying organized
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Extensive customer service experience
• Flexibility with schedule to assist staff as needed
• Proficient in Microsoft Word Excel; basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, a Meetings Management System, and Internet
Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelors degree in Hospitality Management
• Minimum of two (2) years experience in a travel coordinator capacity or equivalent customer service experience
• Minimum of one (1) year travel experience preferred
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Job Location: Arlington, TX
How To Apply: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Website: http://galacticps.com
Company Info: Galactic Performance Solutions is a full-service incentive and performance improvement company. By using reward, recognition, motivation and engagement as the structural framework for our customized incentive solutions, we can influence individual and collective behaviors which drive business results for our clients.