Company Name: Novogradac & Company LLP
Job Description and Requirements: Position Summary:
The Events Manager is responsible for overseeing logistics, operations, and speaker management for a variety of Novogradac events. This position reports to the Senior Director of Marketing.
- Manage relationships with speakers at Novogradac events and workshops, including coordinating invitations, setting panel assignments, sending reminders, making arrangements for presentations and polling questions, and following up on all relevant details
- Serve as the main point of contact with the venue on the food and beverage, set-ups and diagrams, A/V requirements; vendor set-up and strike schedules
- Conduct planning visits for each event
- Plan the Audio Visual and production of each event including sending RFPs, making adjustments, coordinating routine review calls and serving as the main point of contact onsite
- Oversee the content lifecycle of the event including making routine agenda updates, securing panelists and keynotes, overseeing the events app and owning the event websites
- Plan the industry awards component of the event including onsite execution
- Work with the 3rd party planning company on securing all outside vendors for each event, ensuring a proper bid process, managing routine review calls, making sound décor and design decisions for the event and ensuring all designs are approved
- Plan and oversee the signage and brand promotion for the event, working to identify opportunities for branding in the hotel space to ensure proper advertising of company and sponsor brands
- Collaborate on, design and manage the conference receptions with a keen eye on creating a fun networking environment ensuring consistent and proper branding for company and sponsors
- Increase the profile of the events’ exhibit hall by coordinating networking activities and ensuring appropriate brand promotion
- Serve as the onsite event lead manager and brand ambassador managing vendors, the event app and awards
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Superior organizational and follow-through skills, performing work accurately with strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively prioritize a fast-paced and varied workload, effectively manage a variety of projects and concurrent/shifting priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including solid skill in the Microsoft Office suite; Smartsheet and experience with Etouches is a plus
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to develop rapport with a variety of personalities
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Event Planning or Communications or related area plus 3-5 years of experience in events management and/or appropriate balance of education and work experience. Experience with planning corporate events ranging in 500-1000 attendees or other high volume event planning preferred.
Novogradac & Company LLP offers competitive pay plus a benefit package including; medical, dental, vision, paid-time-off, life/disability insurance, and a 401(k).
Job Location: Bethesda, MD or Atlanta, GA
How To Apply: To be considered for this position, interested candidates MUST apply via our company website: http://careers.novoco.com/
Company Website: http://www.novoco.com
Company Info: Novogradac & Company LLP is a national certified public accounting and consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco. Founded in 1989, the allied group of Novogradac companies has grown to more than 700 employees and partners with more than 25 offices throughout the country.
Novogradac & Company LLP is one of the nation’s top 50 certified public accounting and consulting firms and is a recognized leader in real estate and community development. This position allows the firm to provide excellent service to our customers and growth and mobility opportunities for employees. Novogradac provides publicly and privately held national enterprises with a full spectrum of audit, tax, valuation, expert witness and litigation support, property compliance and general consulting services and works extensively in the affordable housing, community development, historic preservation and renewable energy fields.