Monterey County Convention & Visitors Bureau
Location: Monterey, California
Job Description: The SBDS is the foundation for the MCCVB’s successful selling programs. Targeting the ideal compression causing opportunities to drive room nights into the destination from our key deployed markets, this integral position uncovers, identifies, prospects, qualifies and pursues new business opportunities that best fit the destination’s profile. The SBDS hands-off the qualified business opportunities to the Regional Sales Executives for a more in-depth, engaged strategic selling processes.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research and identify new sales opportunities for sales executive follow up
- Liaise with contract business development vendors
- Administer and maintain all database information with integrity and accuracy
- Coordinate client appointments for client events and tradeshows
- Follow up on tradeshow and client event contacts
- Promote Monterey as a premier meeting and conference destination
- Maintain knowledge of current meeting industry standards
- Manage assigned reporting
- Actively promote MCCVB services
- Maintain and foster positive relations with partners and vendors
- Maintain safe, positive and healthy work environment
*These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and other skills, the job description can be modified at the discretion of the supervisor.
Job Skills & Requirements:
- 1 -2 years’ experience in the hospitality or meetings industry preferred
- Experience in sales and presentations preferred
- Experience using CRM and CMS systems preferred
- Experience using Simpleview(CRM) & Cvent systems a plus
- Knowledge of internet and database research techniques and approaches required
- Ability in establishing facts and drawing conclusions
- Knowledge of Monterey County product and assets preferred
- Must be accomplished at multi-tasking, following direction, and using creative planning skills
- Professional written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills required
- Responsible, reliable team player
- Strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office software and Windows operating systems.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to work with business decorum propriety in a fast pace office and under pressure
- Must be available to work daytime, evenings and weekends as assigned
- Must maintain excellent attendance record
- Must work special events as assigned
- Valid driver’s license and/or reliable transportation.
- Must submit to a background check.
This position is open until filled.
The position is full time salary, non-exempt. Compensation is depending on qualifications and experience and includes incentive potential based on goal achievement.
Please direct your cover letter and resume to HR@seemonterey.com for consideration.