16th Annual All Things Meetings
Reception and Trade Show
Instructions for Downloading Event Application
Here are the download instructions for the July 26th Event app below. It has all kinds of exhibitor information (and other cool stuff). I will also be sending you a reminder with more specifics next week with the specific who, what, when, where, how stuff. Otherwise… you are all set for now. (One thing… it takes about 24 hours for RSVPs to get into the App system… so if you registered within the last 24… wait a day.)
Instructions for installing our event mobile app or updating the app you’ve installed from one of our previous events.
If you already have the event app “Rendezvous” on your phone
1. Locate the Rendezvous App in within your apps.
2. Open app – It will refresh with new data after the app automatically connects with the server.
3. Select menu options upper left corner to view Exhibitor Information and organize your time at the Reception and Trade Show.
4. Explore the list of exhibitors and prioritize who you want to meet with at the event, there’s going to 140 exhibitors. You can send them an email to arrange a meeting time, or bookmark them in your favorites.
* Username is the email address that you used to register for this event. If you forgot your password use “Forgot your password?” feature. It works fast.
Installation of Event App
1. Go to your mobile App store and search for "EventERP Rendezvous".
2. Download and Install on your phone.
3. The name of the app on your phone is Rendezvous. Download and Install on your phone. (Please select ok for updates otherwise you will not be able to get the prize alerts during the event.)
4. Click the + (plus sign) on the right to initiate the installation of the event specific data.
5. After install/data sync click on the event name to go to log in screen.
6. Enter your Username <email id> (the email address that you used to register for this event) and Generic Password "eventerp" (all lowercase). You can change this later if you want.
7. Menu is upper left
8. Explore the list of exhibitors and prioritize who you want to meet with at the event, there’s going to 140 exhibitors. You can send them an email to arrange a meeting time, or bookmark them in your favorites.
9. You can modify your profile in the “My Profile” section of the app.
Why should you download the app?
1. We have over 100 prizes to give away. To announce them all would be crazy. Instead, we text/e-mail all winners via the app so if you are wandering around the event networking (and eating and drinking), you don’t have to listen for your name (which would be impossible anyway), just check the app every so often (or before you leave) to see if you’ve won. Then head to the prize table. :) (Note… based on our history of attendees as a percentage of RSVPs, those who show up have about a 1 in 3 chance of winning something).
2. The app contains all of the exhibitors and their contact info. They can’t contact you but you can contact them, so, if you want to make an appointment to visit with a particular exhibitor, or send them an RFP prior to the show so you can talk about something specific with them when you are there… or just to have all of that info after the event in case you forgot who it was you spoke with… the app is good.
3. If you download it before the event you can just show up, get your name tag, and start having fun. Otherwise you will have to waste a valuable five minutes downloading it when you arrive. Why bother.
That’s all for now. I’ll send you a reminder and lots of details next week. In the meantime, if you have any colleagues that plan meetings and/or events and you think would benefit from meeting 140 suppliers from all over, all at once… send them to…
And remember… please check out our informative, hilariously funny, and continually updated blogs on allthingsmeetings.com
Oh, and this has absolutely nothing to do with meetings, but when you get a chance, please visit NEILCRAMERPHOTGRAPHY.COM and enjoy a slide show. If you like it, there are dozens more. :)