Job Description and Requirements:
Our Exciting Work Environment
Rated as AAA® Four Diamond Accommodation for nearly 20 years, Delaware North-owned-and-operated Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite is a stunning mountain resort set two miles from Yosemite National Park and surrounded by noble evergreen forest.
Tenaya Lodge is an all-season resort featuring lodge rooms and cottage rooms, a rich range of recreational activities, a 10,000 square-foot luxury spa, ample meeting and event space, indoor and outdoor pools and five dining venues located on the property.
At Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite, our sales and marketing professionals are ambassadors of engaging service and we offering authentic experiences at a world-famous destination - Yosemite National Park. As Associate Director of Sales, your leadership and vision will inspire a team committed to maximizing market share, operating results and satisfaction of guests.
The ADOS is an experienced senior level hotel sales role that reports directly to the Director of Sales and Marketing. Responsibilities include managing, training and leading the sales team as well as managing a full sales market segment/territory and select key accounts, including pace booking and consumption responsibilities. This position supports Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite in generating group room nights to increase total hotel revenue in line with the hotel financial objectives and targets.
The ADOS responsibilities include but are not limited to the mentoring and training sales staff, recruitment and hiring of sales staff, leading sales meetings, working with catering and convention services, involvement with the annual business plan process, forecasting, participating in revenue/marketing meetings, systems training, report analysis, business travel and tradeshows, customer entertainment, community involvement and networking.
The ADOS must be able to multitask, coordinating the sales team to meet their organization's sales goals and maximize revenue by using industry best practices and emerging techniques. They must also possess strong time management skills to meet organizational deadlines. The associate director of sales must be able to communicate effectively and have creativity to identify sales trends and build sales strategies.
You will be an integral member and leader of the team that actively solicits and handles inquiries of groups. You will participate in the continuing effort to deliver distinctively different guest experiences and nurture lasting relationships with our customers with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of optimum sales objectives.
The ADOS will adhere to policies and procedures within the Sales Office and Delaware North/Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite, as well as meet and exceed outlined goals.
- Work with the sales team to monitor Sales Manager’s progress and goals.
- Provide oversight, guidance; mentoring and training the staff directly involved in sales activities at Tenaya Lodge.
- Supervise teams of sales personnel, and hire, train, direct, and evaluate team managers.
- Contracts room nights; reviews and approves team member’s contracts, considering the number of rooms, average rate and total revenue objectives including F&B of the hotel.
- Work with DOSM, Revenue Mgr., General Manager, Director of Operations and other key members to achieve these set goals.
- Assist in the development and implementation of annual group sales plans for each market segment, understanding the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and strategically sell against our competition.
- Meet and exceed personal outlined sales goals as well as segment goals on a quarterly and yearly basis.
- With an innovative mind set, identify and enthusiastically create new contacts and develop sales leads through phone solicitation/prospecting, sales calls, trade shows, site visits, etc.
- Respond to sales inquiries and contact potential clients to build and nurture lasting business relationships.
- Produce quotes and written confirmation to all clients.
Successful candidates will have:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- Associate's/Bachelors/Hotel Management Degree or Work Equivalent
- 7 plus years of experience in Resort/Hotel or Hospitality Sales, Conference Services or related field.
- Established relationships with key industry contacts in the market segment.
- Supervisory experience an asset.
- Preference given to candidates with 3-5 years in a Senior Sales Manager role, or in an Assistant Director role.
- Preference given to candidates with mid- to large-size hotel sales experience.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location: Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite
Company Website: http://careers.delawarenorth.com