Conservatory of Flowers
Job Description and Requirements:
Position Title: EVENT STAFF
Position Category: Non-Exempt, Permanent, Part-time (0-29 hours per week)
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Events Coordinator, Event Staff support the Conservatory of Flowers events by executing the responsibilities listed below.
• Set-up and breakdown of events, including but not limited to furniture, décor and sound equipment
• Executing the provided timeline
• Basic cleaning before/after each event as well as upkeep of facilities during events, including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, window washing, bathroom upkeep, spot cleaning and special jobs
• Enforcing the site policies and contracted time restrictions for both the clients and their vendors
• Troubleshoot facility issues as they arise
• Demonstrating an ability to dress appropriately for manual labor within a formal event context
• Acting as security when necessary
• Overseeing of vehicle operations on the property and acting as a spotter when necessary
• Monitoring parking as necessary
• Securing property lines
• Monitoring the Gift Shop and each Gallery during the hours that guests are present
• Acting as a warm and accommodating host to event guests and clients
• Ensuring all staff leave safely at the end of each shift Learning and recalling information about our mission, programs and exhibits
• Balancing a multitude of tasks during our Conservatory hosted events
• 1-2 years experience working events, with focus in customer service
• Able to lift at least 35 lbs.
• Able to work outdoors at night in varying elements
• Available to work on weeknights, weekends and holidays
• Able to take initiative and recognizing situations that should defer to management.
• Have a sense of humor and an enthusiastic work ethic.
Job Location: San Francisco, CA
How To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter as Microsoft Word documents or PDFs via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Event Staff Application – <Insert Your Name>”.
Company Website: http://conservatoryofflowers.org/