Tony La Russa's Animal Rescue Foundation
Provide support to the Events Manager by assisting in the planning and execution of all ARF events, to include logistics, outreach, managing RSVPs, vendors, volunteers, database, etc. Coordinate ARF community events such as Paws & Relax and Shred Day.
- Assist the development team in achieving ARF’s fundraising, marketing and public relations efforts through events targeted to donors, animal welfare enthusiasts, and the general public.
- Secure auction items, solicit vendors including in-kind donations for food, beverages, and supplies.
- Collaborate on creation and management of event materials (i.e. invitations, vendor solicitation, nametags, and signage).
- Point person for community organizations and businesses that want supplies and ideas for third-party fundraisers and donations to ARF.
- Organize and track inventory of event supplies and in-kind donations used for events.
- Create training manuals and event volunteer job descriptions. Conduct event training of staff and volunteers, organize and manage vendors, supervise and facilitate venue staff and volunteer participation, as necessary.
- Manage technology for event auction processing, donations, sponsorships and inventory tracking.
- Coordinate memorabilia signings in office with Tony La Russa in response to memorabilia purchases and autograph requests.
- Develop an event follow-up plan to ensure all donors, sponsors, vendors and volunteers are thanked appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Assist the development team when needed on donor research, sending acknowledgements, creating reports and database management.
- Represent ARF mission and core values at events and fundraisers, provide tours to visitors, and handle public inquiries, as needed.
- Always promote a humane and caring attitude toward all animals.
- Always treat people and animals with respect, contribute to effective teamwork, promote staff cooperation, and foster public relations beneficial to ARF.
- Comply with all Federal, State, and local safety regulations and laws, as well as ARF policies and guidelines. Follow established procedures governing safe work practices; and perform duties in a manner that assures the safety of oneself and others.
- Perform duties in a manner which encourages attainment of goals, contributions and business for ARF and its programs.
- Follow safe driving practices obeying all traffic laws at all times when driving for ARF business purposes.
- Perform other duties as assigned, as well as assisting with general day-to-day operations.
- Work environment includes constant exposure to animals and animal allergens.
- Push/pull/lift moderately heavy objects up to 25 pounds.
- Lift and move objects weighing up to 30 pounds for short distances.
- Physical work relative to setting up and breaking down event sites (packing/shipping supplies for off-site events, loading/unloading trucks, moving tables & chairs, etc.).
- Kneel, bend, stoop, squat, reach above and below shoulder level, grasp and turn objects, stand, and/or walk frequently and repetitively throughout each shift.
- Flex the neck upward and downward; twist the neck and the waist.
- Sit for long and short periods of time while using a computer.
- Tetanus and rabies inoculations are required or must be waived.
- Drive an automobile.
Four-year college degree with preferred emphasis in marketing, journalism, English, communications, creative writing, public relations or a related field. (Qualifying work experience will be considered as an alternative; on the basis that one-year of experience may be substituted for one year of education.)
Experience, Abilities and Qualities:
- One to three years of related work experience in events.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to stay focused and meet deadlines of concurrent events while maintaining a calm demeanor.
- Flexibility and initiative to work successfully with minimal supervision and direction.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook).
- Experience with auction software and CRMs preferred.
- Willingness to assist other departments in order to promote teamwork and unity within the organization.
- Affection for animals, concern for their welfare and a willingness to accommodate animals in the work place.
- Ability to communicate with the public, volunteers and co-workers in a pleasant, courteous and tactful manner at all times.
- Demonstrate maturity, good judgment, professional manner and personal appearance.
- Comfortable and skilled in working with a culturally diverse staff, volunteers and community.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License and must not have more than two at-fault incidents in a three-year period and no major at-fault violations in the last ten years, and must be insured.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
40 hours per week. Daily reporting hours and days of the week may vary according to the needs of the department. Weekend and evening work will be required along with occasional travel.
Salary: DOE - $42,000 to $47,000 annually.
Job Location: Walnut Creek, CA
How To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Company Website: http://arflife.org
Company Info: Tony La Russa’s Animal Rescue Foundation (ARF) is an award-winning, nationally recognized leader for its unique mission of “People Rescuing Animals…Animals Rescuing People.®” Founded in 1991, ARF rescued more than 38,000 cats and dogs and has expanded its national outreach and education programs. ARF elevates pets in our society, enhances connections, and transforms the bond between people and animals.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, ARF is a privately funded 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization supported by donors in all 50 states and internationally, receiving no government funding. In 2017, ARF earned the highest possible rating – four stars – from Charity Navigator for the tenth consecutive year. Only one percent of charities reach this milestone, and ARF is proud that 87 cents of every dollar goes directly to its programs.