Job Description and Requirements:
We’re looking for a passionate events expert and strategist to lead the tough balance of operational creativity – the backbone of bringing brand experiences to our clients and retailers. The Manager of Global Events will help to lead large scale event execution while delivering business objectives, brand priorities and optimize education levers at SEPHORA as well as our various global retail channels. This person will have big ideas to match the big stories behind our amazing portfolio of brands. They are ahead of the curve with innovative experiential ideas and have enough operational muscle to make it happen!
Event Project Management:
- Come with big ideas to bring our brands and product activations to life! We are a creative brand built around storytelling and we are looking for someone who can tell our story through innovative experiences.
- Oversee the full life cycle of our events from concept to execution while working closely with the events team to ensure design themes, brand focus products, event flow, event evaluations and cross functional communications are executed in a timely and effective fashion.
- Drive preparation of event proposals and all planning decks for seamless onsite execution and proactive event communication to key stakeholders
- Manage all event details with brands, stores, field leadership and additional stakeholders to with business objectives at the cornerstone of all plans and always have a global lens top of mind.
- Drive event planning and execution within budget plan. Manage and track event budget in its entirety and for individual events for post event reporting.
Cross Functional Partnerships:
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with brand management and education content teams to drive brand, product, and education strategies across entire event calendar always having the audience top of mind.
- Work with cross-functional teams and head of events to ensure positioning, messaging, goals, deliverables, and tactics are achieved before, during, and after each respective event
- Collaborate with our amazing partners to continually fine tune best practices and standards across Kendo Global Events and then build on them for future event planning, execution and measurement
- With your eye on the prize, help to keep the cross functional team on track with effective timeline and follow up communication to ensure all event details are set for the big day
- Source and develop our vendor database to scale future orders and ensure competitive pricing. Build relationships with them and stay on top of the buzzing event trends!
- Manage and streamline process for scheduling support of event trainers across all large scale education + training activations year round.
- Thought-partner for various cross-functional KENDO teams (Global Education, Content Development, Brand Management, Marketing, Digital/Social Media) for conceptualization and development of brand experiences to support and accelerate key launches and events
- Bachelor’s degree; 5+ years of event experience overall with minimum of 2 years in event management capacity, Beauty or Retail industry preferred.
- Passion for cosmetics / beauty industry.
- Must demonstrate strong strategic, creative, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Thrives in an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented.
- Excellent project management skills, including proven ability to manage projects and partner with various levels in the organization
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to handle multiple priorities while meeting objectives.
- Highest levels of professionalism at all times; calm under pressure.
- Team player who builds strong, effective partnerships.
- Proficient computer skills and can build event floorplans to scale across various platforms — Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Publisher, InDesign
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
Job Location: San Francisco, California
Company Website: http://www.kendobrands.com
Company Info: Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’
GENEROSITY: The power of giving
STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.