Job Description and Requirements: Where you fit:
Our Marketing Event Planner will manage the event planning and execution of a variety of public-facing events and meetings for Accela – tradeshows, user groups, influencer events, seminars/road shows, and especially our annual customer conference. Events are a strategic part of the marketing mix here at Accela due to our audience profile.
This role reports to Accela's Manager, Marketing Events.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
The Marketing Event Planner will manage the entire event experience ranging from event budget projections/reconciliations, site selection, vendor contracting with procurement, food and beverage selection, run of show, tracking expenses, as well as coordinating arrangements for audio visual, transportation, and other services.
Additionally, this individual will partner with marketing campaign managers, product marketing, and sales event design and delivery.
If you are passionate about delivering high quality, innovative customer-centric events in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, have an ongoing commitment to partnership and collaboration, and have the ability to remain focused, professional, flexible, and open to feedback in your day-to-day work, we’d love to speak with you.
• Assist or work independently to prepare on-brand and effective trade shows, conferences and other events:
o Pre-event planning and venue selection
o F&B selection
o Event design and production
o Event promotion, audience development, and registration
o Audio visual management
o Printing and shipping materials
o Budget management
o Post-event reporting
• Develop and manage event budgets, track expenses, assist in conducting cross-departmental expense reconciliations, and prepare budget reports.
• Consult with leadership to understand concept/vision/messaging of events
• Partner with Marketing Programs Managers to develop audiences: including invitations, managing attendance/RSVPs, and ongoing communications
• Partner with design team for event branding, displays, signage, web pages, etc.
• Partner with Finance and Legal departments to ensure vendor contracts are executed in a timely and accurate fashion, and invoices addressed.
• Leverage available resources internally and externally to coordinate all the event execution roles are covered to ensure an event runs smoothly and successfully.
• Develop run of show and appropriate lead time to deliver the messaging/content
• Document event plans and learnings/results and make recommendations.
• Travel to events to oversee perform setup and test AV, and to troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
• Manage event speakers
• Manage corporate events calendar
• Manage event project timelines
• Expertly drive pre-event meetings, and event planning documentation; Build and distribute regular pre-event status reports and post-event summary reports
• Manage marketing material inventory
• Track, report, and continuously optimize lead generation from events
Expertise you will bring (Skills):
• Experience helping drive event strategy including content/speakers.
• Experienced in vendor management/relations (i.e. selection process, negotiations, understanding of contracts, conflict resolution).
• Demonstrated experience working effectively under pressure while remaining flexible, adaptable, and open to feedback; ability to remain focused and professional during unanticipated event setbacks.
• Excellent organizational, administrative, project management, and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks under tight timeframes/deadlines; ability to carry out multiple responsibilities with minimal supervision.
• Punctual, dependable, attentive to details, and dedicated to achieving operational excellence through events that meet and/or exceed attendees’ expectations.
• Strong written/verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate clear, concise information to a variety of internal/external stakeholders, vendors, etc. Ability to consult and negotiate effectively.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to create lasting partnerships with stakeholders, colleagues, vendors, etc.
• Comfortable working with executives on planning and managing their role at events.
• 5+ years of experience working with event planning/management (i.e. corporate events, conferences, tradeshows) and vendor management/relations (i.e. selection process, negotiations, understanding of contracts, conflict resolution).
• Ability to travel (20%)
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite; knowledge of Marketo a plus.
• Certified Meeting Manager (CMM) and Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) strongly preferred.
• Experience with public sector audiences a plus.
Job Location: San Ramon, California
How To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Website: http://www.accela.com
Company Info: Who is Accela:
Accela is the industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.