The Lodge at Torrey Pines
The National Sales Manager with a focus on the Mid-West Market.
- Candidate must have previous hotel and sales experience and be proficient in establishing new client relationships and maintain existing relationships with customers, while striving to maximize revenue.
- Plans and promotes sales activities with highest professional standards of excellence required to meet the department's annual sales targets, goals and objectives.
- This person will present and enters into hotel in negotiations with meeting planners for groups involving guestroom, banquet food & beverage & spa services in order to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- The National Sales Manager is expected to manage and prospect for group business in order to meet and exceed annual and monthly budgeted room revenue and food and beverage revenue assigned to this market segment.
- Additionally, the Senior Group Sales Manager is required to mentor Coordinator(s) in order to foster seamless group client & hotel synergy, thorough market coverage and excellent interoffice relationships.
- Duties will include, but are not limited to prospecting for and managing group business from accounts located in the specified territory as well as market assigned Key Accounts.
- There will be required sales trips and travel to destinations outside San Diego.
- The National Sales Manager will be expected to possess the tenacity, creativity, flexibility and commitment that is necessary to succeed in meeting expected assigned responsibilities to include assisting and mentoring new and junior Sales Manager and/coordinators.
- Conveys a favorable image of the hotel with a positive, professional appearance and demeanor.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding productivity goals for group business.
- Aggressively solicit high-end travel agent business for the hotel within the assigned territory.
- Plan and implement direct sales calls, participate in tradeshow activities, industry events and other networking opportunities in the territories assigned by the Director of Sales.
- Arrange FAM/Site inspection trips to hotel by major clients and accompany clients.
- Negotiate contract agreements with customers, including Addendums.
- Maintain a high level of exposure of hotel in major market areas through direct sales solicitation, telephone contacts, and written communications.
- Actively cultivates new accounts and solicits in market while consistently maintaining profitable relationships with existing key accounts.
- Creates with the Director of Sales a system to routinely update knowledge of competitive set and is able to identify competitor's strengths and weaknesses in order to respond as necessary.
- Aggressively contributes to financial growth of company by maintaining rate integrity and up selling of hotel amenities.
- Develops and implements a strategic sales plan of action in target market segments in conjunction with Director of Sales.
- Maintains excellent interpersonal relationship skills with a professional approach to both internal and external customers.
- Conscientiously ensures that all sales activities are accurate and documented in a timely and efficient manner as prescribed by Director of Sales.
- Supports the Director of Sales and sales team in a professional manner and seeks out new projects and assignments.
- Participates in safety program and wellness program and is involved in keeping working area and property safe.
- Assists the Director of Sales in the development of marketing plan for hotel as well as quarterly action plans.
- Attend weekly sales meetings to review groups; resolve any discrepancies.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Undertakes other responsibilities as directed by the Director of Sales. Participate in Manager on Duty Program monthly as assigned by the General Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily according to company standards.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the luxury Hotel market. The requirements listed below are representatives of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; Candidate must have at least 5-7 years of experience in hotel/resort Group Sales.
Use this link to apply for this position https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1093641&d=ExternalLTPCareers&r=5000334021606#/