East West Connection
Job Description and Requirements: East West Connection is seeking a skilled Planner with five plus years meeting planning experience. THIS CANDIDATE MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN CONVENTIONS, TRADE SHOWS AND EXHIBITS TO BE CONSIDERED.Educational Logistics or medical device planning experience is a plus. This position is in IRVINE, CA
East West Connection offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, 401K, vacation, 5 PTO days and 11 paid holidays.
This position reports to EWC Manager of Conventions and Meetings and is a part of a team approach to first class service for a designated client.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Support organization and execution of society meetings, conventions and tradeshows and other displays/product fairs as assigned
- Support the exhibit program using business and Medical Device brand standards, centralized commercial sponsorship process, event registration systems and documented best practices.
- Partner with commercial teams to plan, organize and execute events with HCPs featuring our total procedural solutions with other J&J companies and partner companies and using best practices, HPI principals, J&J travel policy standards and sound business spend to drive value and compliance.
- Support individual project plan timelines and due dates for deliverables for assigned meetings.
- Communicates meeting information including registration/housing information and other meeting related material supporting event objectives. Arranges for distribution of communications materials.
- Partner with exhibit house on the booth layout that will align with promotional strategy, key messages and objectives across business(es) for assigned meetings.
- Determine the exhibit layout and staffing needs for assigned meetings.
- Handle payments and provides updates to finance and event owners. Implements cost controls as needed.
- Partner with Event Operations team on housing, registration and badges.
- Provide direction to vendors and business partners for hotel sourcing, exhibit setup, exhibit services (ie, labor, carpet, audio visual, electric, etc.), equipment, demos, models, shipping, sawbones, etc.
- Supports company sponsored/hosted symposiums and ad hoc events (menu planning, room sets, audio visual and transportation), communication, logistics, onsite execution, budgeting, vendors and meeting close out procedures.
- Provide on-site support to leadership and other participants and participates in event setup and take down (as needed). Verifies that all equipment and materials are accounted for. Provides on-site support to event staff.
- Support and adhere to all event policies and procedures ensuring they are in line with our company, society, government and HCC Guidelines.
- For conference and tradeshow event management, oversees floorplan management, management of general service contractors, security, exhibitor service kit development, registration management, and convention partner. Also contributes to the development of ancillary meeting materials.
- Oversees financial management responsibilities, including budget creation, monitoring revenue/expense performance. Reviews event supplier invoices for accuracy and approves payment.
- Oversees accuracy of attendee management plan for each conference
- Provides onsite management to ensure that all arrangements are executed properly. This includes ensuring that assistance is provided to attendees regarding general information, registration, housing, transport, communication, entertainment, audiovisual arrangements, and security. It also includes all contact with local vendors and suppliers.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential crises and devises contingency plans. Adheres to HealthCare Compliance rules and regulations. Communicates and is accountable for all aspects of responsibility with client.
- Takes accountability to review and ensure adherence to all project documents, contracts and agreements.
- Adheres to all policies to ensure consistent service to event partners, sponsors, and attendees.
- Provides superior levels of customer service to promote a positive customer experience for all attendees and partners.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS : Overnight travel may be required up to 30%, including weekends.
- Bachelors degree or Associates degree plus five years of planning experience
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office – including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Knowledge of CVENT is a plus
- Must have the ability to make decisions independently and seek guidance where appropriate.
Job Location: Irvine, California
How To Apply: Please send resume to lguldner@eastwestconnection. Please include cover letter and salary expectation.
Company Website: http://eastwestconnection.com